[CCWG-Accountability] Expected outcome of Frankfurt F2F meeting

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Thu Jan 1 10:32:57 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

During our call #4 we had an exchange of views regarding the expected
outcome of our upcoming F2F meeting in Frankfurt. We agreed that we
would initiate a discussion on the list on the proposals that we shared
before finalizing at our next meeting. Clarity about expected outcomes
is necessary before we get deeper into the preparation of this important
step in our work.

The current expected outcomes we submit for your review and comments are
the following :

a. Finalize agreement on scope of the group & definition, such as the
purpose of accountability (as discussed, a strawman proposal is being
drafted and will be circulated shortly)
b. Agree on WS1 vs WS2 classification criteria + priorities. This should
enable to provide clarity about expected outcome of WS1.
c. Conclude inventory work from work areas, and as such, the assessment
of Icann's current situation with regards to accountability. (please
note this should include a list of the main contingencies we would
"stress test" our proposals against).

We are aware this is rather ambitious but hopeful this can be achieved
thanks to the quality of the prep work from work areas as well as good
preparation in the timeframe leading to Frankfurt.

Your comments and feedbacks are welcome.

Best regards, and happy new year to all of you !

--
Mathieu WEILL
mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Twitter : @mathieuweill