[CCWG-Accountability] the term "community"

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 12 18:13:42 UTC 2015

I am afraid that is not quite the case.

Your reference to III(h)(11) is correct, but you missed III(a)(2)
which says "Be the exclusive user of at least one domain name. This
can be verified by its listing as the registrant and/or
administrative contact in the WHOIS data of the domain name, by the
name resolving to a website controlled by and representing the
organization, or other indications that prove to Secretary-Treasurer
and Chair that the prospective Member Organization is the primary
user of a domain name."

Also, the NCUC is a subset of the NCSG, and the NCSG charter 2.2.1.2
includes those words as well.

The issue of whether GNSO participation was open to non-registrants
was discussed during the last GNSO re-organization, and the Board
made it clear that it was registrants. I believe that the ALAC was
the only part of ICANN that objected to that.

Alan