[CCWG-Accountability] Snapshot of CW-Stewardship Accountability dependencies

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Jan 18 23:13:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

Apologies for this last minute contribution to our meeting, but the CWG
is still developing its solution and it has proven challenging to nail
down the accountability dependencies.  The attached document, is a
draft/snapshot of where we have gotten to at this point.  The issues are
still under discussion as we have both the mainstream 'Frankfurt' model
that was the subject of our comment draft and have several alternative
'Internal model' proposals that are being discussed based on comments
received.  Some of these dependency concerns may be more applicable to
one model than another, but even that is still difficult to  accurately
delineate.  Also in some instances, like the IAP (Independent Appeals
Panel) we have yet to 'decide' whether this uses a mechanism that the
CCWG-Accountability might create or is a structure the transition team
builds separately.

The dependencies paper is short and does not include much by way of
description or explanation - the Stewardship solution is still under
discussion.  I will be happy to provide as much explanation as I can
during the meeting,  as I am sure the various other members/participants
of the CWG-Stewardship who are attending this week's meeting will do.

I will bring back to the CWG-Stewardship any comments the CCWG may have
on thses issues.  I suggest that the WA3 will be able to continue to dig
deeper after our meeting.

Thanks
avri