[CCWG-ACCT] Session #4 Day 2 Frankfurt F2F-15:00 UTC Notes

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Wed Jan 21 00:13:38 UTC 2015

Dear all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the CCWG ACCT Session 4 Day 2 call on 20 January are
available here: https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Session+%234

Notes:

Review of CWG questions

Budget accountability

CCWG proposal only considering up/down vote on annual budget. Not the level of detail suggested by
CWG.
Not foreseen breaking down budget to the level they seem to be requesting. CCWG supportive of the
CWG request for improved transparency on the IANA budget. And CCWG will likely include a budget
transparency in recommendations.

Accountability (re)delegation

Independent appeals panels

The mechanism we envisage should cover these requests.

Control over ICANN Board Decisions

The group will respond to the CWG, draft shared with the list.

Work on the problem statement has been completed and can be shared with the expert advisors.

Mind-map provides the building blocks for work on accountability mechanisms, and working parties for
avenues of work.

Subteams allocated to further develop contingencies and further develop stress tests.

Work items.

Liaise with CWG
Work on contingencies, definition of questions
Scoping document, finalize and circulate to the list, and to advisors
Establishing the two avenue working parties (Jordan Carter to led the community empowerment group)
Through review of timelines so we are able to meet commitments by ICANN #53 Including a second F2F
between Singapore and Buenos Aires
Singapore preparation.
Legal advice, urgency high, and need to develop specific questions