[CCWG-ACCT] Session #1 Day 2 Frankfurt F2F-7:00 UTC Notes

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Wed Jan 21 00:14:22 UTC 2015

Dear all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the CCWG ACCT Session 1 Day 2 call on 20 January are
available here:  https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Session+%231

Notes:

Tuesday, 20 January

Agenda Item - Consensus building around WS1 requirements

Will start discussion with WS1 definition and use that to move forward.

Proposed definition (credit goes to Matthew Shears for proposing this definition):

Work Stream 1: is focused on mechanisms that 1) enhance ICANN's accountability and must be in place
or committed to within the time frame of the IANA Stewardship Transition, and 2) that provide the
community with confidence that any accountability measures that would further enhance ICANN's
accountability would be implemented if it had consensus support from the community, even if it were
to encounter ICANN management resistance or if it were against the interest of ICANN as a corporate
entity.

The goal is not to create new ICANN accountability but rather to enhance ICANN accountability.

Recap on the proposed definition:
Will keep the definition in the Charter
Insert requirements for WS1
Start with this sentence as we build in the WS1 requirements

WS1 Requirements
What are the requirements that can replace the US Government?
See MindMap "WS1 Requirements"

Next Step after the break will be to identify sequence -- a few things that we can operationalize
soon with the transition in mind.