[CCWG-ACCT] [CCWG-Accountability] On legal advise concerning California non-profits

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Fri Jan 23 07:06:49 UTC 2015

Kieren,

I fully agree with you.

What also irritates me to no end, is that native English speakers,
even lawyers, take no care whatsoever on the drafting of their
emails.

One huge line which appears as one large paragraph in the email
making it extremely difficult to read.

Never mind that many of them are content free.

And don't get me started on the full quotes where comments are
interspersed in a way that they can not be found (again, because of
the thoughtless use of proprietary software).

Or even worse, full posts prefixed with "+1" which means "me three"
and the totally worst cutting everything off, and writing "+1 some
name".

It is disrespectful, but also shows a significant lack of actual
competence about the matters at hand.

And I think that our phone calls are one hour and our meeting one
day too long.

greetings, el

On 2015-01-23 07:28, Kieren McCarthy wrote:
> I know this is all well intentioned but I do wonder whether
> endless conversations like this are responsible for me and many
> others not being able to follow what is happening.
>
> Of COURSE there has to be independent legal advice on this.
>
> Can we all stop wasting time writing long treatises agreeing with
> one another and get to the nub of this issue: who will pay for the
> advice; who is the lawyer or firm to approach; and how do we boil
> down the excessively long query document to something manageable?
>
> Kieren
[...]