[CCWG-ACCT] The big test of effective accountability

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jan 29 23:22:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

Model UN, now I understand the problem  You did model UN.
Polite hyperbola is the rule.

My issue is that if we don't recognize the mechanisms we have, albeit
imperfect, we can't fix them

To say we have none means we need to start from scratch, and that would
be unfortunate.  We have a lot to build on.

I also disagree with the notion that we need just OFS - one
[fundamental] source - of accountability.  We need a system of checks
and balances with some binding bits.  That is why in the other CWG I am
against nuclear options as the only defense, it is so messy having only
a sledge hammer when there are tasks to be done around the house.

avri