[CCWG-ACCT] New topics / concerns - initiating discussions

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Tue Jun 23 09:41:14 UTC 2015

Not an original attempt at all, call "Interesting" but not deal with the substance.

Even if we assumed that we could compel ICANN to do our bidding after they got what they want, which as past behavior is a good indicator for future behavior, I am not convinced we will, I remain not in agreement with putting something in just so we can make the deadline.

Or because the Intellectual Property community and other big commercial interests can fund lobbyists, this particular one not even being a chartered member, to try and drive the process.

That ICANN is so enthusiastic with this should make one think.

el
--
Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini

> On Jun 23, 2015, at 00:53, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Mathieu,
>
> Thank you for these.  While these are interesting issues, I think that our first priority should be discussing and refining the Empowered SO/AC Proposal.  This is the primary hurdle to a proposal that is likely to satisfy a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
>
> These will be interesting discussion topics, and may be great Work Stream 2 subjects, but we have ask what we need to resolve so that Work Stream 1 and thus our Proposal work.  If there is time, we can then discuss these points.
>
> Greg
>

>> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr> wrote:
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> As discussed last friday when we reviewed the public comments, some of the feedback we have received require us to consider whether and how we should address several topics :
>> - staff accountability culture
>> - Board duties and roles
>> - enhancing diversity
>> - enhancing SO/AC accountability
>>
>> In order to kick start discussions on these topics, we have assembled one pagers attempting to describe each issue (based essentially on comments we have received) as well some of the potential actions that were suggested. Please note that these are discussion papers and in no way reflect any "position" on the matters.
>>
>> It is anticipated that we could have initial discussions on these topics In our upcoming work sessions. But this mailing list is also an appropriate place to share your reflections on these matters, as I noted Jordan already did on another thread.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> --
>> Mathieu WEILL
[...]