[CCWG-ACCT] Legal question

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri May 1 15:26:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

A tangent question.

On 30-Apr-15 23:41, Greg Shatan wrote:

> Finally, I have to say I disagree with your contention that each
> SO/ACs would need to become an unincorporated association ("UA")
> rather than merely create one.  Admittedly, the issue of how each
> SO/AC can control its "alter ego" has not been fully fleshed out.
> However, I believe this was discussed at some length on the legal sub
> team call and it seems that between the bylaws of the UA and the
> charter of the SO/AC there should be very tight control by the SO/AC
> over any actions of the UA.

As a non-member of the legal sub-team, I am curuious, why wouldn't one
of the SOAC want to just become an UA instead of creating an additional
entity? What are the legal disadvantages of transforming into an UA? As
opposed to being on.

Or has this already been documented in one of the many docs and I just
missed it?

thanks

avri

---