[CCWG-ACCT] V10 DRAFT for your review by 2 May at 01:00 UTC

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Fri May 1 21:34:32 UTC 2015

Thanks for the quick turnaround.  Here's a few comments and proposed edits to this draft.

Thanks,
Robin

Section 2.6.1.1
1.  This exact sentence is repeated twice in this section (para 2 and para 6).  Please delete it from the end of para 2:
"In preparing for the environment that emerges.... is not an option."

2.  under 4 e. (p. 38):
We need to qualify this claim as "as per California law" or the public commenters will surely point it out for us, and rebuke us for not realizing, being US-centric in our legal thinking, and overstating UA protections to the international community.

3.  under 5 (p.38):
This sentence should stand alone as its own bullet point (as per agreement to this in this week's call).  The sentence is important enough to stand on its own and it doesn't neatly tie to the preceding sentence in this para:
"Legal counsel further advises that the SO's and AC's should organize themselves into UAs in both corporate governance models, whether a designator or a membership structure, to ensure their ability to enforce their rights."

4.  para 6 (p. 38):
Both sentences in this bullet are duplicates of what was said above.  Delete this para as it is repetitious and no new info provided.

Section 2.6.1.2

5.  Para 179 (d):
Please add the rationale onto the end of the sentence that explains why this alternative was proposed.
It should read: "It is therefore more closely aligned with the existing structure of ICANN, which is rooted in the private sector."
This *is* the rationale for why it was proposed, even if some don't agree with the conclusion, it should be provided as the rationale (as the bullet claims to provide the rationale).

Glossary at the End:

6.  para 779 (p.96) - Description of the GNSO is factually incorrect in several ways.  Here's a corrected version:
"The GNSO is the body responsible for developing policy recommendations regarding GTLD policy matters to ICANN's Board.  The GNSO is comprised of 4 stakeholder groups:  non-commercial users, commercial users, registries, and registrars."

7.  para 836 (p. 101) - SO's are NOT "advisory" bodies.  AC's are "advisory" bodies - hence the "A" in their name.  SO's develop policy recommendations, so they should be correctly described as "policy development bodies" in this para.

8.  In general, some of the paragraphs on the organizations, SO's, and AC's in the glossary read like commercial advertisements for them (especially ICANN's).  I doubt that this is the appropriate forum for some of the promotional text in these group's "bios", but am more focused on editing substantive points herein.

That's all!  Thank you.