[CCWG-ACCT] [ccTLDcommunity] Cross Community Working Group on Enhancing ICANN Accountability (CCWG-Accountability) - Input Needed on its Proposed Accountability Enhancements (Work Stream 1)

Adebunmi AKINBO akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com
Tue May 5 12:47:02 UTC 2015

Dear All,
I believe this would be the best time to evaluate and postulate a change or
request for time to make any correction or addition.
Its better to make the needed input rather than call the work a rubbish.
If it matters to all, its right to make effect.
-Akinbo.

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Dr Eberhard Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:

> [sorry for the double post, technical issue]
>
> Dear Byron,
>
> as tmember appointed by the (chartering) ccNSO to the CCWG
> Accountability I have followed the Charter, in particular in raising
> my concerns of my points consistently being ignored and rejected by
> the Co-Chairs of this CCWG, one of whom is Mathieu Weill, the
> posting of whom, herein-under, I wish to address, "through the
> chair".
>
> Please assure that staff forwards this to all Council Members who do
> not have access to the above lists.
>

> These "current proposals" have been arrived at in violation of the
> Charter, without the necessary Consensus Call for all positions, and
> in violation of the Charter by refusing the opportunity to attach
> minority views.
>
> They also have been rushed over the objection of myself in which I
> have been joined in various degrees, shape or form by appointed
> members of every constituency chartering, even several GAC members
> expressing themselves in this regard.
>
> This was done in order to get "something" passed prior to a non
> existing deadline instead of doing this carefully, thoroughly and
> inclusively.
>
> As usual the gNSO members and in particular un-appointed
> participants representing large interests were/are the driving force
> behind this rush-job.
>
> The document is so convoluted that an expensive graphics company was
> hired for several months to generate these professional graphics in
> order to just be able to understand the document.
>
> Even Mathieu doesn't understand it, because he not only refers to it
> as a "report" which under the Charter REQUIRES a Consensus Call and
> attachment of minority views, if any, and he alleges that it has any
> relevance to ccTLDs, which is has not.
>
> The community he refers to is ill defined, and in any case the ccNSO
> has no mandate whatsoever to act on decisions, acts or omissions
> affecting individual ccTLDs.
>
> According to the Charter the CCWG must address ALL accountability
> issues with the exception of administrative and operational IANA
> issues, which were to have been addressed by CWG Stewardship, where
> they were not being addressed, of course.
>
> This was used to refuse and/or ignore any request that had anything
> to do with the root zone and/or the IANA Function, in particular the
> fundamental issues, which remain unresolved.
>
> I will post something like this into the Comment Box for the record,
> but I strongly urge all ccTLD Managers to strongly oppose this
> rubbish.
>

> Finally, I am personally offended by him thanking the ccTLD members
> and characterizing their participation, in particular since hardly
> any input by ccTLD members/participants had any effect on ccTLD
> Managers' positions, and because he does not mean it.
>
> For me it is not a pleasure to work in this CCWG and in particular
> [...]

*Evang. Akinbo A. A. Cornerstone, Nigeria.*
+2348064464545, +2348089118151 | 2BAC511D.
www.akinbo.ng

*Member, Executive Board of Directors*,
Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
www.nira.org.ng  | akinbo at nira.org.ng <akinbo at yips.org.ng>
@niraworks

*Acting Chief Operating Officer,*
DNS Africa Magazine
www.dnsafrica.org  | akinbo at dnsafrica.org
@dnsafrica

*National Convener,*
Nigerian Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (NG-YCIG)
www.ycig.org.ng <http://www.nira.org.ng/>

*President,*
Young Internet Professionals (YiPS)
www.yips.gnbo.com.ng <http://wwwyips.org.ng/> | akinbo at yips.org.ng

*The RedHub.*
12, Afonka Odebunmi Street, Lagos State.
http://www.theredhub.org/

*National Focal Point ( Nigeria ) 2009-2011.*
Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (a program of TakingITGlobal)
www.youthaidscoalition.org                  www.takingitglobal.com
www.iaids.org
About me: http://profiles.tigweb.org/pscornerstone