[CCWG-ACCT] Fwd: Re: [ccTLDcommunity] ICANN transition

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Tue May 5 16:47:56 UTC 2015

Forwarded, as Mr Roberts indicated earlier he can't post to the list.

el

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [ccTLDcommunity] ICANN transition
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 17:45:09 +0100
From: Nigel Roberts <nigel at channelisles.net>
To: Mathieu Weill <mathieu.weill at afnic.fr>
CC: cctldcommunity at cctld-managers.org
<cctldcommunity at cctld-managers.org>,
accountability-cross-community at icann.org
<accountability-cross-community at icann.org>, ccnso-members at icann.org
<ccnso-members at icann.org>, cctldworld at icann.org <cctldworld at icann.org>

On 05/05/15 17:23, Mathieu Weill wrote:
> Dear Nigel,
>
> I too respect this source.  However ICANN staff as well as others
> have since then provided some clarifications.  The statement below
> does not, apparently, capture ICANN's position.  We may not be
> wasting our time, after all.

Thank for for this update.

I understand from you above reply that the statement I quoted
earlier (which, apparently, you also know whence it came) is untrue.

It is unfortunate that such a definitive statement came to be stated
as fact -- when it was not -- in the forum that it was so stated,
don't you agree?

Do you think we might be able to have sight of the actual
clarifications by the staff concerned, debunking this ,yth, as well
as knowing who the 'others' to whom you refer as also providing
clarifications.

It is, of course perfectly possible for staff in one part of an
organisation to make one statement, while the Board and c-suite
staff pursue another strategy ...  ...  so the position and identity
of those clarifying this are important!

And the lack of detail or attribution for the clarifications you,
yourself, have had the benefit of, but we have not, is a defect that
I hope may soon be remedied.

Thanks again for your assistance.