[CCWG-ACCT] [ccTLDcommunity] ICANN transition

Paul Twomey paul.twomey at argopacific.com
Tue May 5 16:42:04 UTC 2015

One pattern which has played out between ICANN, the RIRS, and IETF and
even some ccTLDs over the last years has been whenever new
organisational strucutures are discussed (eg the formation of the ASO) a
logical consideration by the technical body pushes for a 'we must have a
let-out clause to give the function to someone else in case there is
failure' which gets heard at ICANN as a form of searching for
leverage/extortion over ICANN so that it is not be able to do its job
independently.   Both parties tend to look at the issue and their
responsibilites with good faith - but the push and response gets heard
differently on each side.

I wonder if we are hearing echoes of a replay of this pattern.

Paul

--
Dr Paul Twomey
Managing Director