[CCWG-ACCT] Question regarding UAs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue May 19 04:03:58 UTC 2015

I believe I understand the issues regarding UAs as shadow
organizations for the AC/SOs. Although I still have strong
reservations and am not sure we need the legal enforceability that
they provide, I am willing to accept that they will work.

But I also feel that using such structures will be difficult for the
overall community to understand (on an ongoing basis).

I have a simple question. Instead of having a UA and the AC/SO naming
people to be their formal representatives in the UA, why can we not
simply have the AC/SO Chair or their Delegate(s) be the Members or
Designators. These people have legal status, so why do we need the UAs?

I will not be able to join the call in a few hours, but will listen
to the recording later in the day.

Alan