[CCWG-ACCT] Regarding members

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun May 24 15:47:29 UTC 2015

Two points:

1. The SO/AC could well delegate multiple people. That is why we have
suggested a weight of 5 for SO/ACs. In the case of the ALAC, it could
well be one person per region (perhaps the five members of the ALAC
Leadership Team (ALT) which is regionally balanced).

2. I cannot speak to other groups, but the ALAC has specific and very
clear rules for removing its Chair, any member of the ALT, or in fact
any appointee to any position. See
<http://tinyurl.com/ALAC-RoP-2013-04>http://tinyurl.com/ALAC-RoP-2013-04,
sections 20 and 22. If we were to go the way of specific people being
ICANN Members, we would likely add explicit provisions for this
appointment as well.

Alan