[CCWG-ACCT] proposed F2F meeting of CCWG

Adebunmi AKINBO akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:11:05 UTC 2015

+1 Lisse

Can we slow down the running to reduce the apologies?
Its key that we know a trend is obvious.
Kindly push it by a week.
-Akinbo.

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:

> Adam,
>
> I suggest Windhoek :-)-O but if it has to be Europe, Amsterdam,
> London, Brussels and Paris in that order would come to mind.
>

> The proposed week is much too early and this is caused by the
> failing methodology of the Co-Chairs subordinating quality of work
> to their self imposed, absolutely unnecessary deadline.
>
> So I object.
>
> But as I will be ignored as usual, can we have it we at least have
> it a week later and arrange it with the arrival date on Sunday so
> one can depart Tuesday evening?
>
> The below proposed schedule will destroy a full week of work (for
> those of us who have to work for a living).
>
> el
>
> On 2015-05-28 10:25 , Adam Peake wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > The co-chairs suggest we hold a face-to-face meeting to prepare
> > the second public comment proposal.  The expected launch of the
> > second public comment is 31 July (for 40 days).  We suggest the
> > face-to-face meeting should be held with the target arrival date
> > 20 July, meeting 21-22 July.
> >
> > This is close to the Buenos Aires meeting, more travel will be a
> > significant commitment for you all, but this face-to-face is felt
> > necessary to prepare the next public comment period.
> >
> > Location: suggest a European hub city.  We would prefer diversity
> > of a new location, but given the short time available to make the
> > necessary reservations, and to make travel as easy as possible for
> > the majority of CCWG colleagues, a location in Europe seems the
> > best option at this time.
> >
> > Usual travel support will be provided for CCWG appointed members
> > and liaisons.
> >
> > Remote access will be available for those who cannot attend.
> >
> > Apologies, the recommended dates overlap with IETF#93, July 19-24,
> > 2015.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Adam

*Evang. Akinbo A. A. Cornerstone, Nigeria.*
+2348064464545, +2348089118151 | 2BAC511D.
www.akinbo.ng

*Member, Executive Board of Directors*,
Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
www.nira.org.ng  | akinbo at nira.org.ng <akinbo at yips.org.ng>
@niraworks

*Acting Chief Operating Officer,*
DNS Africa Magazine
www.dnsafrica.org  | akinbo at dnsafrica.org
@dnsafrica

*National Convener,*
Nigerian Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (NG-YCIG)
www.ycig.org.ng <http://www.nira.org.ng/>

*President,*
Young Internet Professionals (YiPS)
www.yips.gnbo.com.ng <http://wwwyips.org.ng/> | akinbo at yips.org.ng

*The RedHub.*
12, Afonka Odebunmi Street, Lagos State.
http://www.theredhub.org/

*National Focal Point ( Nigeria ) 2009-2011.*
Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (a program of TakingITGlobal)
www.youthaidscoalition.org                  www.takingitglobal.com
www.iaids.org
About me: http://profiles.tigweb.org/pscornerstone