[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG - Executive Summary

tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Wed Nov 11 08:02:45 UTC 2015

Jordan,

I think for the Fundamental Bylaws modification, the Board (or the community) proposes the modification
In case the community proposes the modification
It should go through the escalation process we described for the other powers to trigger the modification process, consult about its pertinence, formulate the proposal and then decide to submit the proposal, but perhaps with other thresholds
then, and if the board accepts the proposal, it will put it to public comment
In case the Board is the trigger of the modification, the community should go through the escalation process to approve or reject the proposal.

In both cases, I do think the discussion in the community forum would be important for the following reasons:
The community proposal would be well discussed so that the consensus to submit the modification would be easier to reach
The community position on a board proposal to modify the fundamental bylaws would be better taken and the rationals better developed after a deep discussion in the community forum. Also, an alternative proposal could be discussed there.
In both cases, I don’t see why we should skip the community forum.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Association (FMAI)

Phone: +216 98 330 114

Fax:       +216 70 853 376