[CCWG-ACCT] Comments on Article 1 of the draft bylaws

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed Apr 6 19:32:21 UTC 2016

SO: At least for numbers, what ICANN does also exceeds just the IFO role as it also approves/ratifies global policies et all.

MM: correct. But that is not what the current language says.

I think if they indeed decides to sign with someone else in future, then the existing governing documents will need to be updated one way or the other anyway so I don't see it as a significant issue

MM: wrong. It will be extremely difficult to amend the articles and there is no reason to put in place now basic articles of incorporation that are not correct.