[CCWG-ACCT] Comments on Article 1 of the draft bylaws

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 20:07:35 UTC 2016

Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos
On 6 Apr 2016 8:32 p.m., "Mueller, Milton L" <milton at gatech.edu> wrote:

> SO: At least for numbers, what ICANN does also exceeds just the IFO role
as it also approves/ratifies global policies et all.

> MM: correct. But that is not what the current language says.

SO: Well it seem to me that the word "coordinates" encompasses all that and
it further enumerates what the coordination entails in 1.1aiii(A and B) No?

> I think if they indeed decides to sign with someone else in future, then
the existing governing documents will need to be updated one way or the
other anyway so I don't see it as a significant issue

> MM: wrong. It will be extremely difficult to amend the articles and there
is no reason to put in place now basic articles of incorporation that are
not correct.

SO: But really Prof, you are saying this should be updated now because the
article will be difficult to update in future even though what you propose
will not be the status post transition (assuming the DUO sign with ICANN).

I just don't agree with the logic. Nevertheless, it's up to the respective
communities to decide but I will just warn against too much modification of
the intent our the proposal.