[CCWG-ACCT] New Bill on IANA Transition

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri May 27 18:35:20 UTC 2016

The Weinstein appeal will give a strong indicator on whether the rights
to .MIL and .GOV are a form of property.

What must be really worrying from the right-wing in the USA is that
(unless I'm mistaken) there's no carve out from ICANN (claimed)
authority over .MIL/GOV as being any different from .COM/NET

It's just that ICANN's left the legacy gTLDs alone these last 15 years.

But a different ICANN, in a different juridsiction might, er, think
differently.