[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings and transcript - WS2 Ombudsman Subgroup | Meeting #11 | Monday, 24 October 2016 @ 19:00 UTC

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Tue Oct 25 00:36:32 UTC 2016

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2  Ombudsman Subgroup - Meeting #11 -  24 October 2016 @ 19:00 UTC will be available on the wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/2xK4Aw.

A copy of the notes from the meeting are available below.

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,
Yvette Guigneaux
Multi-Stakeholder & Strategic Initiative Assistant
ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers
12025 Waterfront Drive, Playa Vista, CA 90094
yvette.guigneaux at icann.org<mailto:yvette.guigneaux at icann.org> | www.icann.org[icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org&d=DQMFAw&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=xjNMRR-fjlgBx7tqUEv8lZv2O9RJyMyqWkymcecegCUuwDxFVsW6VBuvkqKnS_lk&m=WbbyFkU3kVxUaR0n3oI-GPI3GlR9LchI7_eMBKhzI0o&s=JiR2Vvgru-Q_b5WT2P4ZkN7gu41h20n9-0lDY6VDC8g&e=>

________________________________
Notes
(including relevant parts of chat):
9 Participants at start of call.

1. Welcome
Sebastien Bachollet: no exceptions.

2.     Review of plan for Hyderabad
Sebastien Bachollet: (Presentation of slides)
Herb Waye: Concerned this report only represents the views of a small number of people and not the community.
Sebastien Bachollet: Our work will be presented to the plenary of the CCWG-WS2 so this is not an issue. After it is accepted it will go for public comment to be accepted by the community.
Herb Waye: Willing to pay for part of the evaluation, have funds and will have to do one (there may be a conflict of interest with such funding).
Klaus: I am just thinking about if anybody outside the WG will actually understand the slides? Somehow I think not. We might need a more "understandable" version. Content is OK but who will understand and do we get the message across?
Avri Doria: i think there will be chance to explain t to assembled crowd.  In terms of staff accountability, we have included a reference to the necessity of coordinating with this group.
Chris LaHatte: the slide about consent of the Ombuds is an issue
Avri Doria: but the people listening will all be CCWG participants.
Herb Waye Ombuds: Did this idea of consent come about as a copy of the reconsideration new process in the bylaws I wonder?
Klaus: I think the cross group issue is critical now, we will need to have a mechanism in place to have the input from the other WG's
Bernard Turcotte: @Klaus - the co-chairs advised on the leadership call last week that they would focus on this to ensure synchronicity between sub-groups
Klaus: Great, good to know. Thanks
Karen Mulberry: I am working out the details for the Review that you have asked for
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: we should note that at least from the slide mentioning  crossover matters the mention of Elections  might be inflammatory for some CCWG Members.
Sebastien Bachollet: This was one of my suggestions for our work.
Herb Waye Ombuds: That idea is good Seébastien and it could be in the office but I would need to ask for funding for staff... The IOO could become a sort of ethics office
Sebastien Bachollet: the evaluation will probably impact our timetable.
Klaus: Ethics can never be a subject of an office but an community. Happy to discuss this at a face to face basis.
Herb Waye Ombuds: Agree Klaus, two separate hats but some organizations do it as part time functions.
Sbastien Bachollet: Shall we resume our calls immediately after Hyderabad. Next meeting on November 14 or 21? will check with staff AOB? (none). Adjourned.