[CCWG-ACCT] A few questions (Was Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- ICANN FY16 Annual Report of Expense Reimbursement and Other Payments to ICANN Directors for the Period 1 July 2015 Through 30 June 2016)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 09:14:57 UTC 2016

Hello Xavier,
<putting ccwg in CC as I have no idea which other list discusses this>

I am looking at the figures recently published and I find it quite
interesting but i am always reminded that ICANN sure have the money so why
not. However I have a few questions and would appreciate your response:

1. The figure vary by Board member, apart from difference that could occur
as a result of flight booking, are there any other factor/elements that
affect figures?

2. Is there any limit to what a Board member can spend?

3. Does the column for amount paid "on behalf" include travel expense for
ICANN meetings (and other Board specific meetings)?

4. What determines if a Board get compensated or not. i.e is board member
participation like attendance to meetings, delivery on internal committee
tasks et all considered as part of the requirement for payment? and is
there publicly available record of such?

5. Am I right that the compensation is tax free as the Board ain't
employees?

6. Some of the members seem not to be given the compensation, is there a
reason for this?

Regards

Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos