[CCWG-ACCT] Answers to some common questions being encountered by the ICANN staff

Sam Lanfranco sam at lanfranco.net
Sun Sep 11 16:53:15 UTC 2016

Marilyn,

Your contribution is not so much a "different" idea for how to approach
this topic but a more a strategy for action. The main driver behind your
four Cs is an understanding that ICANN is but another stakeholder in
broader Internet Governance. It has its own remit to steward
responsibly. It has its own stakeholder interests to monitor and
protect. But it also has its stakeholder obligation to promote good
policies in the broader IG arena, and do so without being seen simply as
a self-interested lobbyist./Also, your four Cs apply equally to within
ICANN where these tasks have to be carried out in collaboration with
all, and not just by staff or the board./

Sam L.