[CCWG-ACCT] Notes, recordings and transcript for WS2 Ombudsman Subgroup Meeting #14 | 10 January 2017

MSSI Secretariat mssi-secretariat at icann.org
Tue Jan 10 06:17:33 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for CCWG Accountability WS2_ CCWG Ombudsman Subgroup, Meeting #14  - 10 January 2017 will be available here:   https://community.icann.org/x/EZvDAw

A copy of the notes may be found below.

Kind Regards,
Yvette Guigneaux
Multi-Stakeholder & Strategic Initiative Asst.
ICANN
Email:  yvette.guigneaux at icann.org<mailto:yvette.guigneaux at icann.org>
Cell:  +1-310-460-8432
Skype:  yvette.guigneaux.icann

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Playa Vista, CA 90094

________________________________
Notes (including relevant portions of the chat):

Roll Call / Apologies -Welcome -Opening Remarks
Sebastien Bachollet: (8 participants). CLO and Adeola Akinbo audio only. Last meeting was 19 December.
External review of the ICANN Ombuds Office
Sebastien Bachollet: Give the floor to LH.
Lars Hoffmann: quick update staff have sent a copy of the link for the RFP. Will post in the chat. Any one wishing to distribute it to able parties is encouraged to do so. ICANN will distribute through its standard lists. Will discuss early results in early February. I can give an update on 23 January as to the status if required.
Lars Hoffmann: Here is the link to the RFP: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2017-01-09-en
Sebastien Bachollet: Are we on schedule?
Lars Hoffmann: We are on the schedule presented in December with the RFP posted in January
Asha Hemrajani: Has the RFP been advertised in ombudsman trade journals?
Lars Hoffmann: no.
Lars Hoffmann: Thank you all, I will log off. if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Other tasks that - need to be delay after receiving the external review report
Can be handle in //
Sebastien Bachollet: Dependencies with other sub-groups. Diversity is discussing the need for an office on Diversity and could this be handled by the Ombuds Office. Should we write to them suggesting the Ombuds Office could handle this.
Cheryl Langdon-Orr: We should write to the Diversity sub-group with this offer given they have quite a bit on their plate.
Asha Hemrajani: Agree.
Sebastien Bachollet: (review of Transparency dependencies from the original transparency report) All comments on possible sub-group dependencies via the list would be appreciated.
Asha Hemrajani: Re Transparency -  Using Ombudsman to determine if a request is abusive or vexatious - how does the Ombudsman view this?
Herb Waye: These Transparency suggestions are problematic at several levels. As such uncertain how to answer the question.
Sebastien Bachollet: Will suggest we discuss this at the upcoming plenary.
Asha Hemrajani: Questions regarding the Ombuds office reporting on DIDP requests and promoting awareness. Would appreciate the Ombudsman input on these proposals. We need to crystalize our thoughts on these points before inviting MK.
Sebastien Bachollet: Will send a email to the list asking what other topics we can be working on in parallel.
Adebunni Adeola Akinbo: can you recirculate information please (SB ok).
Calendar - Next meetings #15 Monday 23 January 2017
AOB
Sebastien Bachollet: Plenary on Wednesday and prep call later today which I cannot attend. I will be reporting on the RFP and the Dependencies. Adjourned.