[Accountability-dt] Charter for Circulation -- Suggested Questions

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Sun Nov 2 23:56:26 UTC 2014

All, here are some suggested  questions for both Workstream 1 and Workstream 2, for consideration by the CCWG:

  *   What mechanisms are needed to ensure ICANN's accountability to the non-governmental-led multi-stakeholder community once NTIA has disengaged from its stewardship role?
  *   What enhancements or reforms are needed to ICANN's existing accountability mechanisms?
  *   What new accountability reforms or mechanisms are needed?
  *   What enhancements or reforms are required to be implemented before NTIA allows the expiration of the IANA functions contract? [Workstream 1]
     *   How will these enhancements or reforms be stress-tested?
  *   What enhancements or reforms must be committed to before NTIA allows the expiration of the IANA functions contract, but could be implemented after. [Workstream 1]
     *   If the implementation of enhancements or reforms are to be deferred, how can the community be assured they will be implemented?
     *   How will these enhancements or reforms be stress-tested?
  *   What enhancements or reforms can be addressed after NTIA allows the expiration of the IANA functions contract? [Workstream 2]
     *   If there are enhancements or reforms that can be addressed after NTIA disengages, what new or existing processes ensure they will be addressed and implemented?
     *   How will  these enhancement or reforms be stress-tested?
  *   If accountability enhancements and reforms are made through changes to ICANN's Articles of Incorporation or By-Laws, how can the community be assured that those changes will be permanent, or not subject to unilateral amendment by the ICANN Board at a later date?

Thanks,
Keith