[Accred-Model] Version 1.6 of the Accreditation and Access Model

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Jun 19 16:00:17 UTC 2018

> My primary substantive concern is that this document solely focuses on
> Penalties in the context of a User's 'future" blocked or restricted access
> (throttled).  There is NO mechanism to compensate the Data Subject whose
> rights have been violated.  That just seems fundamentally flawed to me.

Um, unless things have changed since the last time I looked there are no
Network Police to collect damages, nor Network Courts to asssess them.
This would be completely unworkable, beyond the obvious fact that nobody
in their right minds would sign up for a scheme in which a mistake could
cost arbitrarily large amounts of money.

Regards,