[Accred-Model] Version 1.6 of the Accreditation and Access Model

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Jun 19 16:12:35 UTC 2018

Hi John,

It's great when there is actually an easy solution.  At least for the
many US companies, law firms, cybersecurity firms, and others (and this
a huge part of the group seeking access), they should "self-certify" to
the EU-US Privacy Shield, via procedures set up by the US Department of
Commerce and Federal Trade Commission.

This process assures that there is an avenue for no-cost complaints by
European citizens who feel their GDPR rights have been violated, and
action by the FTC should a company have falsely certified their
compliance and not be handling European data properly.

It's all there -- www.privacyshield.gov!

Best, Kathy