[Accred-Model] Version 1.6 of the Accreditation and Access Model

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Jun 19 18:04:24 UTC 2018

> Having redress mechanisms for data subjects that have their data privacy rights violated. With great power, there must also come great responsibility.

Well, OK, Spiderman, what do you suggest?  What's realistic beyond
revoking access?  Neither you nor I could use PS even if we wanted to.

Let's imagine we invent the ICANN Privacy Court.  It decides you have been
a bad WHOIS user and tells you to pay victims $250,000.  The IPC is in
California, you are in Brazil, you tell them to go whistle.  Now what?

Regards,