[Accred-Model] Version 1.5 of the Accreditation and Access Model

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Mon May 14 02:55:25 UTC 2018

> On 11 May 2018, at 19:55, Jeremy Malcolm <jmalcolm at eff.org> wrote:
>
> On 11/5/18 7:25 am, Vayra, Fabricio (Perkins Coie) wrote:
>> Attached for discussion and additional comment is version 1.5 of the Accreditation and Access Model.  This, following comment and input from many parts of the community, is a much richer and robust model.  Many thanks to those who made constructive contributions.
>>
>> Thank you again for your input and support.
>
> A few skeptical thoughts in a tweet thread.
>
> https://twitter.com/qirtaiba/status/995071967572062214 <https://twitter.com/qirtaiba/status/995071967572062214>

> These may not qualify as "constructive", but I wouldn't want to have silence interpreted as assent.

Fully agree, and after an exchange with ICANN's CEO, it seems we need to make that point clear.
- For most part I disagree with what is being proposed. But I will defer to the DPAs to quash those; there is no need for proxies telling others what they will do. They will simply do.
- For the parts where I think something can be course corrected and then get a thumbs-up from DPAs, I've been doing select, surgical suggestions. And I will keep doing it... as long as my silence on the other parts, targeted at keeping the signal-to-noise ratio in this list as high as possible,

It seems that the board resolution is clearer in this regard, so the only remaining issue is how to fix eventual miscommunications by staff. Note that I saw most of those working in this effort correctly labelling its origin, so this criticism is more targeted at high-ranking staffers. Advocacy is inherent to us all, and as the song says, "Be yourself is all that you can do.".

Rubens