[bc-gnso] Helpful analysis documents by Angie Graves

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Wed Jul 10 12:38:57 UTC 2013

Last week, BC member Angie Graves asked me if there were any policy coordination projects she could help with.  I suggested 2 documents that would help BC members going into the Durban meeting.   Angie came thru with the two attachments:

1.   Analysis of the public comments on GAC Safeguard Advice.  (first attachment)      Here, Angie went thru all 130 of the public comments on GAC Safeguard advice, and categorized them (applicant, contract party, registrant, user).  This should help us distinguish GAC support/opposition coming from "customers" of ICANN versus contract parties and TLD applicants.   Angie welcomes further insights on correcting the categorizations.

2. Analysis of the BC's RAA requests, versus what the Board approved in the final 2013 RAA.   (second attachment)   As we anticipated, few of our requests were granted.

Thank you, Angie, for your contributions to the BC's policy work.
--Steve

Executive Director
NetChoice
http://www.NetChoice.org and http://blog.netchoice.org