[bylaws-coord] Planning for CCWG Bylaws Meeting: March 23rd - 25th, Los Angeles California

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Fri Mar 11 17:15:39 UTC 2016

Hello Holly,

>>  First,  we understand that the primary focus will be on the bylaws that relate to the CCWG proposal.  We may need a separate session for CWG-related bylaws and for the PTI articles and bylaws.  Please confirm that that is your understanding as well.

Our understanding is that we need a complete set of bylaws across the CCWG accountability proposal and the ICG proposal (which incorporates the CWG bylaws and PTI articles and bylaws) within 4 weeks.   The Bylaws Coordination team has been established to be across the complete set of bylaws.

The ICANN Legal team have been tasked with putting tougher a complete set of CCWG related bylaws by 18 March 2016.

My understanding is that the CWG bylaws are in an advanced state of development.   Not sure about the PTI work.   I had expected that a draft of these bylaws would be available so that a complete draft of all bylaws changes could be put together by 18 March 2016.   Please advise if these will not be available by 18 March 2016.

I had expected that the complete set of bylaws would be reviewed in the 3 day window (23 Mar to 26 Mar).   If you don't believe that will work please suggest an alternative approach to ensure we get the work done.

Thanks for making your office available in Los Angeles.  That is much appreciated.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin