[bylaws-coord] Planning for CCWG Bylaws Meeting: March 23rd - 25th, Los Angeles California

Gregory, Holly holly.gregory at sidley.com
Fri Mar 11 18:47:28 UTC 2016

Thanks Bruce.

We understand that a complete set of bylaws across the CCWG accountability proposal and the ICG proposal (which incorporates the CWG bylaws and PTI articles and bylaws) is needed within 4 weeks.

We plan to deliver a revised set of the CWG bylaws by end of day March 18th.  (We also should be able to provide to ICANN Legal a revised set of the IRP bylaws reflecting the final proposal on Monday or Tuesday of next week so they can incorporate into the March 18 bylaw draft.)

We understand ICANN Legal is drafting the PTI articles and bylaws.  Will those be ready for our review on March 18th?

We believe priority should be given to review of the CCWG bylaws during our face-to-face meeting given that the issues involved in drafting these are the more difficult ones and we believe that the CWG bylaws -- now that we have answers from CWG re the open questions -- will be in good shape by the 18th.  In addition, the Adler team is not involved in those bylaws and we do not want to impinge on their time unnecessarily.

One possibility is to bifurcate on March 23 into CWG and CCWG groups.  The 23rd is the only day that Sharon Flanagan can join us and it would be great to have her for CWG discussion.  This way, the CCWG bylaw discussion could progress simultaneously.

Please let me know what you think.

Also, we note the new address above for the Bylaws Coordinating Group.  Can you confirm who is in that group?

Greatly appreciate your assistance in helping to focus our efforts!

Holly

HOLLY J. GREGORY
Partner and Co-Chair
Global Corporate Governance & Executive Compensation Practice Group
Sidley Austin LLP
787 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
+1 212 839 5853