[bylaws-coord] FW: question re bylaws implementation

Rosemary E. Fei rfei at adlercolvin.com
Mon Mar 28 18:52:58 UTC 2016

I can confirm that this language is in the most current draft.

Rosemary
_______________________________________
From: John Curran via bylaws-coord <bylaws-coord at icann.org<mailto:bylaws-coord at icann.org>>
Date: March 28, 2016 at 5:12:39 AM PDT
To: Becky Burr <Becky.Burr at neustar.biz<mailto:Becky.Burr at neustar.biz>>
Cc: Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic.ad.jp<mailto:izumi at nic.ad.jp>>, "bylaws-coord at icann.org<mailto:bylaws-coord at icann.org>" <bylaws-coord at icann.org<mailto:bylaws-coord at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [bylaws-coord] question re bylaws implementation
On Mar 24, 2016, at 2:17 PM, bylaws-coord at icann.org<mailto:bylaws-coord at icann.org> wrote:

> Becky -
>
> If we must take that approach, it should be a simple as possible while still being complete -
>
> "facilities the development of global number registry policies by
> the affected community and other related tasks as agreed with
> the RIRs."
>
> This would allow ICANN and the RIRs to continue to work together in the administration
> of global number resources without requiring revisiting the bylaws as the specific tasks
> change.

Becky -

I have confirmed that the above shortened mission language is acceptable to the
executive committee of the ASO (i.e. NRO-EC)-; it provides sufficient leeway in
scope for additional tasks without inclusion of specific tasks that could become
dated or require envelopment in conditional language to avoid same.

Thanks,
/John

John Curran
(President and CEO, ARIN)
ASO Liaison to the Bylaws Drafting Coordination group