[Ccnso-travelfunding] Form submission from: ICANN63 | Application for ccNSO Travel Funding

Country Code Names Supporting Organisation webmaster at icann.org
Thu Jun 28 06:08:05 UTC 2018

Data Processing Acknowledgement : Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 02:08 EST

Submitted values are:

First Name + Last Name: Suraj Adhikari
Affiliation: .np Registry
Email: surajadhikari at live.com
Please specify how you intend to contribute to the work of the ccNSO at the
next ICANN meeting:

Nepal is disaster vulnerable Himalayan country in South Asia. Earthquake,
Floods, landslides, epidemics and fires cause considerable loss of life and
property in Nepal every year. We faced terrible hit in April 2015 earthquake,
killed over 8,000 people and injured more than 21,000, over 100,000
displaced, about 1 million buildings and almost 20% historic sites were
damaged.
Hence I was interested on the same session topic at the ccNSO Members Meeting
in San Juan that was held on the impact of natural disasters on registries,
registrants and registrants and a follow-up session is scheduled for ccNSO
Members Meeting in Panama City (ICANN62).

So if kind of similar session on the same topic will be scheduled even in the
next ICANN meeting in Barcelona, I will be interested to share .np
experiences and gain practices of others in disaster recovery.

Additional relevant information:
Attend ICANN MEETINGS
1. ICANN 55
2. ICANN 60
I have read the ccNSO Travel Funding Guidelines [1] and understand the
process and conditions: Yes
Number of times ccNSO funding received the last 3 public ICANN meetings: 0
Do you have your employer's approval to receive ccNSO Travel Funding? Yes, I
have my employer's approval to receive ccNSO Travel Funding (OR, I am not
employed)
Employment status: Yes, I am employed
    ==Please, provide your employer's contact information==
      Employer's Name: Sanjib Rajbhandari
      Employer's Email: sanjib at mercantile.com.np

Would you have the possibility to attend the meeting, if you would only
receive one part of the funding (either plane ticket or hotel only)? No, I
need full funding to be able to attend the meeting

[1] https://ccnso.icann.org/about/travel-funding-07apr16-en.pdf