[Ccpdp-rm] NOTES | ccPDP3 Review Mechanism WG | 7 July 2021 (20 UTC)

Joke Braeken joke.braeken at icann.org
Wed Jul 7 20:51:25 UTC 2021

Dear All,

Please find some notes from today’s ccPDP3-RM meeting below.

Best regards.

Joke

  1.  Welcome and roll call

Welcome by Chair Stephen Deerhake

Thanks all for joining today.

2.                   Administrative announcements if any

a.                  Action items

Election notice for ccPDP3-ret: https://ccnso.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-06jul21-en.htm

At least 50% of the ccNSO members (86 members)  need to lodge their votes, and at least 66% of the members need to vote in favour. (57 votes in favour).

All in the meeting today are invited to reach out to ccTLD Managers, asking them to vote. Vanda will check with .br and Barrack is following up with AFTLD members and ccTLDs within the African Region.

Patricio: next week will be speaking at the LACTLD webinar and will remind colleagues about this. Are there any slides that Patricio could borrow? Joke/Bart to prepare some slides for Patricio

3.                   Review– topic list / work items

a.                  Assignments

Deeper dive into topic clusters

This doc was previously circulated and can be found on the wiki:  https://community.icann.org/x/fwHpCQ

We reviewed 2 docs:

  *   Overall principles. Comment line was added based on Patricio’s question regarding preserving the stability of the DNS. negative external side effects. Operational context to keep in mind. Clarifying note was added. Regarding fundamental fairness.
  *   Go over the topics. Group agreed on the order. But fundamental fairness is part of the principles. Who on the call today is willing to take a lead and prepare a ppt or discussion paper? We also need to fill in the “when”. By when can we expect this?

Fundamental fairness became principle 6. Eberhard agreed to give a presentation on fundamental fairness during the next meeting. Group to have a discussion around this.

Building a schedule. When to discuss which item? Who will take the lead introducing the topic? Topic clusters.

Irina: does not disagree with the process. But does not know what work is involved?

Bart: Bernie, Bart, Joke, Kim will provide support. Topic of binding decisions. There is a discussion around this. Also a full session with Sam Eisner. We would come up with 1 or 2 questions and have a further discussion with Sam. Bernie did some research and came up with background material. A small sub-group would prepare the questions around this specific topic. Or come up with a recommendation. Then the full WG has a discussion around the topic.

Regarding the fairness principle: Eberhard will prepare a presentation. He will share his views. Group to then have a discussion and how it may become part of the overall procedure process.

Irina: needs more concrete task, details regarding the line item. Prepared to volunteer.

Bart: excellent opportunity for the WG members to take on a more active role. Support by staff. Volunteer for a topic that fits you best.

Allan: supports this way forward. Generally prepared to volunteer. No preference for the topic.

>> Topic cluster 1

Bart: Maarten and Nick volunteered previously for topic 1. Probably the most difficult area for discussion. Follow-up needed in the dialogue with icann legal. Any additional volunteers for this topic?

Bart: “when” part to be pencilled in in August.

This is just preparing the discussions.

Irina: As I mentioned before - I'm happy to join anyone who wants me to be in his/hers team. Except I will not be available between 12-19 of July

>> Topic cluster 2: relevant policy references

Any volunteers? Irina, Peter, Svitlana

When? After cluster 1 is completed.

>> Topic cluster 3: applicability ccNSO policies

Easier topic. Not much work needed. More a staff thing.

Who? Sean. Eberhard too, if it is in October. Support by Bart

When? Probably October, or a bit sooner.

>> cluster 4: already dealt with

>> cluster 5

ICANN72 and beyond. To be revisited once we get to cluster 4.

>> cluster 6: around icann72

>> cluster 7: when we go into the details of the RM this becomes important again. A lot of work already done, can be deferred to icann72.

Purpose and explanation: To be revisited during the next meeting

Vanda: Looks a good plan - sorry not offer myself since as from Alac I believe I  not do qualified for these specific Cc   Detailed work

b.      Schedule of timeline

4.                   Next meetings

21 July 2021 | 20:00 UTC

4 August 2021 | confirmed

18 August 2021 | TBC

Zoom poll being displayed.  Respondents are available for 4 august. During the next meeting, we will ask the same question for the 18 august meeting.

5.                   AOB

6.                   Closure

Thank you all. Bye

Joke Braeken