[Ccpdp-rm] NOTES | ccPDP3-RM | 6 April 2022 at 19:00 UTC

Joke Braeken joke.braeken at icann.org
Wed Apr 6 20:02:44 UTC 2022

NOTES | ccPDP3-RM | 6 April 2022 at 19:00 UTC

1. Welcome & roll call

Welcome by Stephen Deerhake
Apologies from Patricio Poblete and Maarten Simon.
To explore whether Patricio’s commitment prevents him from attending in future meetings, if they are scheduled at 19 UTC.

2. Administrative Items (if any)

·         Action Items

None

·         Letter to Council re ICANN Legal

Answer received. See email from Sam Eisner to mailing list.
Response by ICANN Legal to binding WG of the ccPDP process on RM regarding “binding” appeals. Document dated 5 April 2022 displayed in the zoom room, Sam Eisner speaks to the document.

Stephen: legal prefers us to work within IRP, but carved out from bylaws? What is the way forward?
Sam: is this an IRP or not? Lessons to be learned out of IRP. practice to be leveraged.
Do you need that final guarantee of enforceability in a court, if you have the other protections provided by the icann bylaws? Reach a “as binding as possible” decision on icann
Eberhard: we just overlooked it in WS1. retirement is de facto a revocation without transfer. IRP standards are informative: i agree. We do not need 2 mechanisms. That is against the spirit of the thing. Perhaps to be rectified in the bylaws.
IRP says: you cannot bring in new documentation. Hard for small ccTLDs.
Sam: reconsideration process on publicly available info. IRP does not have that limitation. Part is also addressed in the standard of review. What will be tested? Value of pre-filing conciliation opportunities.
Goal of a more streamlined process.
Eberhard: we must be careful that small ccTLDs are treated fairly. Resources should not prevent you from using the process.
Stephen: thank you for the overview. The group needs some time to reflect on this, due to the submission of the document shortly before the start of this meeting. Thank you for the response
Sam: we will commit to be clear on timelines. Icann legal remains available

3. Sessions at ICANN74

4. Non-binding document (continue)

Bernie: we went over the detailed process last time
Page 3: admin objectives. Meaning of “fast”.
Question on that fix? None

>>> the administrator
No questions or comments

>>> arbitrators
Bernie will incorporate some guidelines, as proposed by Nick.
Definition of what significant is
Any questions? none

5. Next meetings

               20 April 2022. 19:00 UTC
               4 May 2022. 19:00 UTC
               18 May 2022. 19:00 UTC

6.  AOB

Stephen encourages the sub-group members on binding to review Sam’s e-mail. Analysis expected by the meeting in 2 weeks.
Eberhard: we will try to arrange a meeting for the sub-group members on binding ahead of the next meeting, to align our feedback and input.

7.  Closure

Thank you all. bye

Joke Braeken
joke.braeken at icann.org