[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Recordings, attendance & AC Chat from CCWG Auction Proceeds call on Thursday, 13 July 2017 at 14:00 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Jul 13 17:43:35 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3
and Adobe Connect recording below for the CCWG Auction Proceeds call held on
Thursday, 13 July 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

Mp3:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-13jul17-en.mp3

AC Recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p83dhz7hqef/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=3011643f1f7b0839
e912cc31b822a52f47df76a428b3e4dce623421de5d0964f>
https://participate.icann.org/p83dhz7hqef/

Calendar page:

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group
-2Dactivities_calendar-23nov&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7x
cl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m
=uidTA5V7RlRhqXBxGhLbVHOzk2lvDzLHK99nhjsKzW0&s=G7owpjQHHbzd9bFlrfdYX7Lik6lU9
W8BeG1n7HUqLpI&e=> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Mailing list archives:
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-auctionproceeds/>
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-auctionproceeds/

Wiki agenda page:   <https://community.icann.org/x/cGXwAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/cGXwAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

---------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Thursday, 13 July 2017

   Terri Agnew:Welcome to the CCWG New gTLD Auction Proceeds call on
Thursday, 13 July 2017 at 14:00 UTC for 90 minutes.

  Terri Agnew:agneda wiki page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_c
GXwAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
cGXwAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=YUI7JhUvFoiosy9JJKloLpjCGcdmyYm6_nGyKvUuou
s&s=UrUG0M7-XVaC8qW8n23DYQGrfx6NbaNirnWtrL7quyE&e>
&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=YUI7JhUvFoiosy9JJKloLpjCGcdmyYm6_nGyKvUuous&s=Ur
UG0M7-XVaC8qW8n23DYQGrfx6NbaNirnWtrL7quyE&e=

  Ching Chiao:i am dilaing in now

  Dietmar Stefitz:Hi Everyone!

  Julf Helsingius:Good afternoon

  Olga Cavalli:Hi all good morning from Buenos Aires!

  Ching Chiao:Hello everyone!

  Joan Kerr:Hello eEveryone

  Sylvia Cadena:Hi everyone, thanks Ching. I will be in listening mode only.
I have issues with my

  Sylvia Cadena:mike

  Ching Chiao:Noted Sylvia. Good to have you joining at this late hour

  Carolina Caeiro:Hi all

  Stephen Deerhake (.as):Morning all.

  judith hellerstein:Hi all

  Kavouss Arasteh:pls advise to dial me up

  Terri Agnew:@Kavouss, the op will dial out shortly

  Kavouss Arasteh:Pls advise to dial arasteh as I am still in Geneva

  Ching Chiao:pls everyone u can scroll down to page 3

  Joan Kerr:I just joined the committee, is the survey available to new
members

  Kavouss Arasteh:Terry  pls call me up

  Terri Agnew:@Kavouss, the op will dial out in a moment

  Kavouss Arasteh:The speaker talk too fast It is difficult to follow

  Kavouss Arasteh:pLS KINDLY REMIND EVERYBODY TO SLOW DOWN

  Kavouss Arasteh:aLAN,

  Glenn McKnight:As Alan stated  the amount in an endowment sometimes limits
the scope of the grants. Some of the requirements could obligate matching
funds etc

  Terri Agnew:Kavouss is now connected on the telephone

  Kavouss Arasteh:Alan , ICANN IS NOT FORTUNE TELLER , whatever they say is
subject to changes which are outside the control of ICANN.

  Kavouss Arasteh:When we refer to short, medium or long term project we
could make a gestimate

  Carolina Caeiro:I think the results of question 4 are still displaying on
the screen. Can we see Q7?

  Carolina Caeiro:Thanks!

  Hadia Elminiawi:@Marika - extend the survey for a couple more days

  Sylvia Cadena:short term 1 year or less. medium term up to 3 years. long
term 5 years and up.

  Kavouss Arasteh:aLAN+1

  Sylvia Cadena:managing grants up to 3 years have some manageable
overheads. more than 3 years can be done through "unconditional gifts" based
on organizational missions, not on project objectives. that is a different
mechanism.

  Ching Chiao: Alan +1

  Sylvia Cadena:agree with Alan

  Peter Vergote (ccNSO):Alan +1

  Hadia Elminiawi:alan +1

  Joan Kerr:@Alan: the funds could be tied to benchmarks, phases etc

  Joan Kerr:But make it easier to get the next batch

  Becky Burr:finally in - hello all

  Peter Vergote (ccNSO):Would love to have couple of days extra to fill in
the survey!

  Stephen Deerhake (.as):+1 @Peter

  Sylvia Cadena:Please consider that we do not have to select one single
mechanism. there can be one for short term / smaller amounts and other for
long term / large disbursements

  Terri Agnew:finding the line

  Peter Vergote (ccNSO):I kinda like that suggestion  Sylvia!

  Glenn McKnight:stopped

  Sylvia Cadena:ching, please consider my comment above. can't speak, issues
with my mike. not typing fast enough

  Sylvia Cadena:thanks peter :)

  Ching Chiao:sure. Let me repeat that after Marika's walk-thru

  Sylvia Cadena:I think it is key to

  Sylvia Cadena:key to

  Peter Vergote (ccNSO):No point in keeping a mechanism alive once funds are
depleted but given the scope and size of amounts you might want something
semi-lasting and detached from ICANN to oversee and manage fund
distribution. That come pretty close to what Sylvia had in mind I guess

  Marika Konings:Alan, this may also be a question for external experts?

  Sylvia Cadena:community support is key to assess technical projects. high
impact of any program starts with a technically sound selection process

  Nadira AL-Araj:+1 Sylvia

  Maureen Hilyard:+1 Sylvia

  Glenn McKnight:Yes, our experience with IEEE technology projects must
partner with locals and non technical partners. all bring to the table a
full picture

  Nadira AL-Araj:They still need more refinement

  Maureen Hilyard:@Kavouss +1

  Sylvia Cadena:objectives and criteria are quite different. criteria refers
normally (with grants management) to eligibility, forms to fill, licensing,
use, copyright, etc. that is a very practical and operational. objectives
are very important as that help applicants to decide if they want to apply
or not.

  Sylvia Cadena: SDGs is a good framework to consider. to broaden the
desired impact without broadening the mission (as ICANN's mission is narrow
and might change again in the future)

  Maureen Hilyard:SDGs would be a very relevant as a criteria so that
projects can justify how they are sustainable

  Becky Burr:agree with Marika re focus

  Sylvia Cadena:good idea Marika

  Becky Burr:let's ask them to explain WHY they think it is within the
Mission

  Ching Chiao:+1 Marika

  Becky Burr:simple assertions don't help

  Nadira AL-Araj:@Becky, regarding WHY it was conveyed to us that is legal
perspective.

  Terri Agnew:@Ching your audio is cutting in and out

  Ching Chiao:sorry got cut off. am back to Adobe

  Ching Chiao:Terri -- could  you arrange call back ? just sent you my
number via email

  Terri Agnew:@Ching, I recieved your updated telephone number and having op
dial out to you.

  Ching Chiao:i m in Adobe only

  Erika Mann:Apologies Colleagues - I couldn't join earlier!

  Terri Agnew:Ching is back on audio

  Glenn McKnight:If you recall at the the fellowship review they had a long
list of best practice organizations and their methodologies to evaluate the
program

  Sylvia Cadena:there was a previous list of questions to external experts
worth checking to include

  Ching Chiao:sorry i was on Skype but got cut off. now on mobile network
(AT&T) and the audio quality is really bad

  Nadira AL-Araj:We can hear  you  well Erika

  Marika Konings:we identified dates, but we haven't actually invited anyone
yet as we've also discussed that some questions might be first answered by
email.

  Terri Agnew:@Ching, would you like the operator to try calling you back to
see if we can get a better connection?

  Sylvia Cadena:agree with Erika

  Joan Kerr:Looking to experts for fudiciary issues might be good, however,
I think speaking to civil society organization to identify needs, support
and resources

  Terri Agnew:as a reminder, please mute when not speaking

  Ching Chiao:Hi Terri -- it's okay

  Ching Chiao:+1 Erika

  Terri Agnew:next meeting: CCWG New gTLD Auction Proceeds call held on
Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 14:00 UTC for 90 minutes.

  Joan Kerr:Thank you

  Julf Helsingius:Thank you all!

  Maureen Hilyard:Thanks and bye everyone

  Hadia Elminiawi:bye all thanks

  Nadira AL-Araj:thank you

  Kavouss Arasteh:We must be careful about engaging expert with a view to
limit the amount of cost involved and the justifications to engage expert as
well not to  promote the appetite of those look to get a job from this
process .This is critical .moreover, Conflict of Interest is another issue
which must be carefully look at

  Stephen Deerhake (.as):Bye!

  Ching Chiao:Thanks veryone!