[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Are we trying to reinvent the wheel or Coordinate with other donors: Other Internet Community funding initiatives..

elliot noss enoss at tucows.com
Mon Feb 4 21:08:42 UTC 2019

In reading through the thread I was planning on commenting consistent with Marilyn’s comment. I think the list of examples are useful (thanks Robert!) and can provide frameworks in addition to those of CIRA, Nominet and SIDN, but I would be loathe to use either NSF or the State Department as useful analogues. Governments naturally have a LOT more overhead in their considerations than we do or should.

EN