[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Contract Changes with Verisign

pegcrippen at yahoo.com pegcrippen at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 01:20:37 UTC 2020

Please know that proposed changes to domain registry is inherently unfair to small business and website owners. Allowing the cost of ".com" registry to increase in the manner that is stated will make websites less and less affordable. A potential cost increase of more than 50% may not seem much to a large corporation, but greatly affects small business. My small websites are more of a hobby than a business, but it makes it very possible that I won't be able to continue paying for website registration.
The lack of openess in the process by which ICANN makes decisions that impact so many is concerning and appears to ignore the needs of the average individual or company and pander to those wealthy organizations that should not control smaller entities. Freedom of information is so important and should not be tied to having a large enough income to pay a constantly increasing price to maintain a presence on the web.
I doubt my comments make much of a difference, but I do lose respect for an agency that should be putting fair practices above profits.
Peggy Crippen