[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Coments against the price increase for .com domains

adarsha joisa adarsha.joisa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:52:40 UTC 2020

I find the upcoming changes in the new deal between Verisign and ICANN is
wrong. Important big decisions like this which will affect millions of
internet users should not be down to only two companies to decide. The
internet consumers, both users and the industry as a whole should be
listened to in big important deals like this. In many countries there are
competition rules that wouldn't allow near monopolies like this being
created. Please listen and respect the rest of us users and keep important
deals like this transparent and open for inputs from all users of the net.
We are one world. Lets work together and. Lets not let greed rule.

As a small business owner owning a .com domain, a price increase will
severely restrict my ability to pay for the domain, and will surely result
in millions of small businesses being unable to have a web presence. As for
me, I know that I'll have to discontinue my domain if the prices increase.
I am firmly against this deal between ICANN and Verisign.

Regards,
Adarsha Joisa