[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] .COM Price Increases

Jason Kulhanek oolutiontech at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:03:30 UTC 2020

I was recently informed by namecheap.com (my domain registrar) that ICANN
made changes in secret with Verisign, without consulting or incorporating
feedback from the ICANN community or Internet users that effects the .com
domain pricing. As a small business owner that operates on very low margins
this has an impact on my business. I would like to know exactly why these
price increases are being put in place and what benefit, as a small
business owner, it will have to me. I'm sure the general "the cost to run
these services goes up every year" will be one of the reasons, but I would
think in the face of ever decreasing prices in technology, this doesn't
justify the significant increase in pricing that appears to have been put
in place. I can see a 10% increase which would be a significant revenue
increase considering how many .com domains there are. But....according to
namecheap.com the price could increase by as much as 70% over the next 10
years. That, to me, is just way too much.

Jason Kulhanek
Owner of Oolution Technologies