[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Increase in domain Name Pricing

Dustan Bilte dbilte at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 05:55:42 UTC 2020

Dear  ICANN,

I wanted to write you to encourage you to keep your prices low to allow all peoples throughout the world to have access to diversity of thought on the internet.  Thirty some years ago I only had a bulletin board system with a 300 Baud modem where I would share my open source programming free of charge with people all over the world that were new to personal computers.  In fact I got into programming because software did not even exist for things that my school, family, and friends wanted to be able to do.  I also typed non copywritten works and made them available to people in places where they did not have access to ancient brilliant works of literature.  It is funny today I still come across things I have typed or coded that have been made available to all people.  Years ago I had skills and talents in UNIX, FORTRAN, PASCHAL, and COBAL, unfortunately today I am disabled and even have trouble reading, but I do enjoy having some domains that allow a web presence to share useful information and ideas.  Please help keep the internet affordable.  I have been paying for the same domains for many years, and unfortunately as I have earned less and less I have lost many domains due to technical difficulty (like the Register Fly fiasco), and quite frankly high costs.  Some domains I was able to get back through paying extortion prices along with providing reams of paperwork to prove my identity, others have been lost forever to companies that are very good at making profit on the web.  Please remember the little people out there.  It was hard enough to pay for web hosting let alone the high price of each domain registration.  Your assistance is appreciated in keeping thought relatively free and readily available.  Please come to an equitable pricing agreement using more input from the many interested parties.  Thank you for you time.

Best wishes,
Dustan Bilte