[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Verisign contract changes

Daniel Heiniger daniel at heiniger-net.ch
Tue Feb 11 08:52:09 UTC 2020

Dear ICANN representative

The proposed changes to the Verisign contract seem to be implying the
possibility of significant price increases for .com domains. This means
that accessibility to these domains will be restricted to more powerful
enterprises, which, I believe, is a huge loss. Setting up internet
infrastructure should be easy and as cheap as possible. Raising .com domain
prices is sending the wrong signal and is inviting other tld registrars to
raise their prices too.

Although I am not personally operating a .com-Domain, I still feel this
will be a significant issue to every internet user.

Yours truly
-- Daniel Heiniger, Zurich, Switzerland