[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Com price amendments

Carl Kidwell erebusman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:18:59 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am an entrepreneur and software engineer.

Over the past decade I have engaged in several small start up businesses and engaged in purchasing and maintaining .com domains to run my businesses.

As with any start up I have operated at a loss .  The cost of obtaining a domain is just one component required for an online business and increasing the price will reduce the likelihood that I will launch a new business website, or maintain ones that I own now.

As you know our modern economy relies on a robust technology based startup culture- I feel allowing prices for domains to skyrocket as just one of the small components would stifle businesses and innovation and ask that you do not allow this or greatly restrict the rate at which costs can grow.

The proposed 7% rate is far above inflation and the actual costs to maintain these names is already highly profitable.