[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] ICANN to ICANT

James Erdeg erdeg1995 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:16:32 UTC 2020

To raise the prices for 8 out of the next 10 years is to advocate for the rich instead of making it accessible to budding internet entrepreneurs who are just making their way in the world.
The higher the cost to just register a domain name means it is less likely to pursue a career online.
The domain costs shouldn’t be a factor in getting started and that keeping it low will continue to encourage the future generations to follow their passions and their dreams.
Don’t let a money-grab destroy the future of our children’s ability to pursue online hobbies and/or businesses.
Things such as blogs, landing pages  or even just IP protection etc where people such as myself register the domain names for our credibility and appearance. Sometimes even to register for an aspiring business down the line.
These types of changes can greatly hinder the desire to pursue them and it just wouldn’t be fair.
If you’re going to raise the prices regardless, tax it on the bandwidth used.
Use a model that allows entry early for the first 2 years and than using the data to raise the price accordingly.
High traffic websites will barely notice the cost especially with their multi-million dollar revenue.