[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Changes to .com framework

Food Share Network Coordinator coordinator at foodsharenetwork.ca
Mon Feb 10 23:58:00 UTC 2020

While I understand the importance of supporting website security, and we all are interested in having secure networks and platforms, I have some concerns about proposed changes to the .com structure.

As a user of a .com website, I have concerns about the potential increases in cost, without any limits on how long these price increases could continue. There are already a number of costs involved in website maintenance, and for a small company, additional costs start to add up. Also, there are non-profit organizations and small community organizations that could be negatively impacted by these price increases.

I think a structure for cost increases with smaller and more measured increases, if necessary to support website security, would be preferable. Or perhaps another structure (although more complicated) that has larger organizations paying more, and not having smaller organizations and companies feeling the brunt of these changes.

Thank you,

Sonja