Duncan Robertson duncan at rabs80.com
Tue Feb 11 15:59:03 UTC 2020

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you, as an internet user since the early 1990's, to
express my concern over the changes to the above.

May I remind you of the purpose of ICANN, its importance to the internet
and foundations upon which it stands? On ICANN's own website, there are
words such as "multi-stakeholder model" explained as "This is a
community-based consensus-driven approach to policy-making. The idea is
that Internet governance should mimic the structure of the Internet
itself- borderless and open to all." Are we to understand that these are
just words or is ICANN flying in the face of what the internet exists
for, and why? I am sure, having watched The Richard Dimbleby Lecture
given by Sir Tim Berners-Lee, that he would not be an advocate of what
is proposed; neither would Vint Cerf!

I implore you: stand by the words on your website; build policy for a
better internet, a more secure internet; lobby ISPs and registrars to
adopt technologies such as DNSSEC and IPv6; embrace the community that
is the internet.

However, it must be done in the spirit and for the greater good of the
internet, and for for corporate greed or self-gain.

Yours sincerely,

Duncan Robertson