[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Opposition to proposed Amendment 3 (.COM Registry Agreement)

Gautam Marwaha marwaha.mech at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 22:45:04 UTC 2020

Hi,

I’m writing to voice my opposition to the proposed agreement. The gains from this amendment are unclear and while they may help an organization like Verisign, it increases the costs for many other entities, developers and enthusiasts like myself - effectively making the .com domain more difficult to access over time. Furthermore, there does not appear to be any description of how Verisign’s 20 million dollar contribution will be spent, the oversight and monitoring etc. Please do not adopt this amendment in its current form.

Regards,
Gautam