Matthew Geiger matthew at vigilist.com
Mon Feb 10 22:50:16 UTC 2020

I appreciate this opportunity to provide comments to the proposed
amendment to the .COM registry agreement.

I am the registrant of .COM domains and expect to be affected by this
decision. Considering the origin of the price increases that have made
their way into many registry agreements, I'm opposing any potential
price increases in this proposal.

I do not see any reason to permit price increases. Declining costs for
most of the associated technology and the rising number of registrations
actually argues for a lower per-registration cost, rather than a higher
one. Other potential operators have made credible statements
(and bids) that show that the registry can be run at a lower price.

As a public company, Verisign's biggest obligation is to their
shareholders, which means they need to increase their profit as much as
possible. This does not align with the interest of the community and
stakeholders in the ICANN process. ICANN's goal is to keep the internet
technically stable, this is not done by granting arbitrary price increases.

Regards,
Matthew Geiger
Vigilist LLC