[Comments-com-amendment-3-03jan20] Against Proposed Amendment 3 to the .COM Registry Agreement

John Zuena jzuena at me.com
Tue Feb 11 00:15:19 UTC 2020

We’ve learned a lot about the term quid pro quo recently. Agreeing to let Verisign renegotiate their contract and add price increases at the same time as they are giving you an extra $4M/year reeks of just that. The new agreement allows fees to nearly double in 10 years. I am against this new amendment.

I will be harmed financially — I have no business revenue and pay my registration out of pocket. I have had my domain long before the current glut of vanity domains were in existence and cannot easily find all locations where this .com is in use.

--
  John Zuena
  john at zuena.com